I sometimes procrastinate! We all do.
The definition is “the action of delaying or postponing something–putting off–” I have been putting off writing for this blog. Why? For many reasons–didnt make the time on my calendar . Didn’t want to put in down in writing
because then it would be a reminder . Well procrastination in a major “Stress ” creator–and you know why.
You feel badly that you didn’t do whatever was supposed to be done. There are life style strategies that might help you:
- Break large jobs into small -some say start with a yearly plan.–I don’t agree-you need a short term plan so that you can feel good about what you’ve accomplished.
- Organize your environment-I agree that if there is chaos in your environment it is distracting and your feel like you’ve failed before you’ve started .
- Schedule your time. This is true but write it down on your calendar or list of ” TO DO.”
- Set reasonable goals. If you set too large of a goal and you know you can’t finish it–you’ve lost be before you’ve started. You will feel terrible.
- Set deadlines and if you accomplish them-reward yourself. Some people say candy-flowers I personally think that if you just say”hey I did it and I can do more!”
That should be enough-after all your training yourself-not a puppy .
- Pace yourself if its a large task and remember you’re human and not perfect–a little bit goes a long way. If you stop –be certain and schedule a time to continue the task-so you can accomplish your goal.
The basis for this came from Dr.Andrew Weil, however I changed some of the ideas–maybe I have procrastinated more than he has—-www.drweil.com/drw/u/TIPo5857/Procrastination